FISH AND SEAFOOD RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- Cedar Plank Salmon Ingredients:
- 4 pieces wild Alaskan salmon, skin-on, 7 ounces each
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 lemon halves
- 4 food-safe cedar planks (or one plank large enough to fit four pieces of fish)
- Chorizo Topping Ingredients:
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage links
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Zest from 1 medium lemon
1. Grill chorizo on a charcoal or gas grill until well done. Cool cooked sausage in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Using a food processor, chop sausage into pea-sized pieces. Place into mixing bowl and blend well with bread crumbs and lemon zest. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Soak cedar plank(s) in water for at least 3 hours.
3. Place salmon, skin side down, onto soaked cedar plank. There should be a 1-inch space between each piece of salmon. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide chorizo topping into 4 equal portions and place on top of the fish. Place salmon on planks onto grill and close lid. Cook for 15 minutes. (Note: The plank will char around the edges but should not catch flame.)
5. Place onto platter, drizzle with melted butter and squeeze fresh lemon juice over salmon. Serve immediately....enjoy it !