Fresh Salmon Chowder
A nice Fish and Seafood Recipe to try !
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1/2 cup diced celery
* 1/2 cup diced carrot
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 2/3 cups chicken broth
* 2 cups diced potatoes
* 12 to 16 ounces diced fresh salmon or canned flaked salmon
* 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
* 2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
* 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
* salt and pepper, to taste
Heat butter over medium-low heat. Add celery, carrot, and onion; saute, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes, until celery is tender. Stir in the flour until well blended. Stir in chicken broth and add potatoes. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Cover and simmer, stirring frequently, for 15 to 18 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
Add the salmon fish and peas; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add half-and-half or milk, along with cheese and parsley. Cook, stirring, until cheese is melted and the soup just begins to bubble. Taste and add salt and pepper.
Makes about 8 cups. The fish seafood recipe of salmon is ready !
Fish and Seafood Recipes